Monday, November 22, 2010

WHY Can't Something Stick - Just Once??????



There I was again. Waiting in line to go through the Route 745 intersection. Lately, I just get out my camera and start playing around taking pictures. Look! I managed to get an X on a tree. I keep hoping maybe, just once, I will take the perfect picture that will make some money for me so I can get out of this spot. Just once, maybe something will stick.

Over the weekend, there I was AGAIN! I had a farewell to polymer clay weekend. It is the time to put my toys away and concentrate on the holiday season. I've rationalized it and I will move forward as expected.

As I left my cozy craft room for the last time yesterday, I looked around to find some sign of production. Nothing but pieces and parts. No completed projects found. Oh, was I supposed to complete something?

I managed to carve out about six or eight hours, yes hours, of pure, uninterrupted clay time each day. It was wonderful! And yet, - no completed projects. No birthday present for my sister. No new and complete pinwheels. Probable cause: No Clear Focus on Outcome. Gasp.

Well I will regroup this week. I will have projects completed. I will keep trying to get items listed on Etsy. I will keep trying to complete my sister's birthday present. As I turn my attention to the holiday season and the real things that matter. Check back next week. Hopefully, there will be renewed optimism and strife!

0 comments: