Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Pinwheel that says, "Merry Christmas!"



In the weeks that wind down the year, I am rushing to get my polymer things finished and put away. It's a hard prospect for me to give it up for the season which is Christmas. I finally made a deal with myself that if I put them away this Saturday or Sunday, I could get them back out after the first of the New Year. Truthfully, they may escape their storage containers the very day after Christmas. I'll try to adjust but I might need a twelve step program.

The Merry Christmas Pinwheel pendant necklace is just lovely on a red ribbon.

I am looking forward to making many more in 2011. They've come a long way from the day I invented them back in February.

This original design was made for children. I was on the craft show circuit and had only beaded jewelry for women. The children who were with their mother's needed some eye candy, I thought. Something bright. Something that would be fun, and perhaps spin. Something to make them smile.

Christmas Pinwheels just blurt it out. Merry Christmas! There's joy and fun. There are bright colors and best of all, they SPIN!

0 comments: