Monday, May 10, 2010

The Whole Jest of the Thing Is to START

No matter what you dream. No matter how you plan. The best thing by far, that I have found, is to start.

Starting may be wrong. Starting may be right. If you don't start, though, you'll never know.

Winter was, for me, completely planned. Work feverishly during the fall. That work lead to our annual Christmas Fondue. Praise the Lord, it was soon over! Resting up between Christmas and New Years was indeed meant for catching my breath!

January and February should have been for taxes. I'll remember that next year.

February ushered in a few winter storms that kept us in the house on the weekends. That is when I decided to try my hand at pinwheel making. Oh, and by the way, I didn't know the first thing about polymer clay, so I chose it to make the pinwheels. It's not enough for me to keep it simple. I had to climb a mountain and learn it from there!

By March, I was a certified pinwheel-ologist. I decided to make a hundred! At least this was a smaller mountain!

Because I started, I had to re-assess. Sizes, colors, beads, supplies. Carefully re-evaluating what I started, if it was sustainable, how I would sustain it, and for heaven's sake,,,,,,,,,SELLING it!

Starting has caused me to learn more and more and more. A continuous cycle has come from starting - looking, evaluating, selling, packaging, photographing. See what starting does?

If I hadn't started, I wouldn't have "my own" product. Starting has brought me to another mountain that I am sure I will climb.

Enjoy a start! Learn from it; Prosper from it; Climb because of it!

0 comments: