Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Product Development: Part Deux Voila Les Pinwheels!

Bonjour Bonjour! It has taken a month to perfect my pinwheels and they are selling!

Oh, my gosh! I had to learn how to use polymer clay. I had to figure out a process for making my pinwheels. I have a gallon baggie full of rejects! But it's been very rewarding. Very rewarding and only a few days old. Very rewarding and so much room for improvement.

The pinwheels really spin. I love them! I have been showing them off to everyone!

I guess that's what is called, "finding your niche". I found a winning product! It's mine all mine! I love it, as I twirl around! Twirl pinwheels twirl!

Room for improvement: should I paint them? should I glaze them? should I add shiney crystals? I've got options. I can try different methods and see what is appealing.

Pinwheel necklaces are for the little (and big) girls in our lives. They are a fun piece of jewelry. I invented them for little girls who go to craft shows with their mothers. They seem to just drag along and occasionally spark up when they see something of interest. These pinwheel necklaces are for you!

My path is also taking me to displays. Pinwheel necklaces need to be displayed! So as the calendar moves toward craft show season, I have to move quickly! I will be working on a display today that will match my recycled display board.

I'll be photographing and listing them on Etsy next. Stay tuned. I am so excited about them!

0 comments: