Monday, February 8, 2010

Product Development: "Well I got this IDEA again!"

The mind is so amazing! I don't get this journey but I am willing to strike out into it! I keep going, just like the Eveready Bunny.....going and going and going...

So tonight, I have finally figured out the product in it's entirety. But there is so much room for improvement. At least at this stage of the game I can make the product and sell it. I can see that I can make it and sell it and next year, I will add something to the product to improve it.

The assumption is that the product will sell. The product is for children. I am going to enlist the help of my great neices and nephews for "product approval step one". If they like the product, other children will like the product. The age group is five to eight year olds. I think that's how old they are. They're so cute! I made them monster scarves for Christmas. I can't wait to see their faces when they see the next product.

So product development started with an idea. I had to learn how to use polymer clay. I invested my entire Christmas gift card on polymer clay supplies. Oh, gosh! I hope this works. Now I have to finish the product and send them out into the "field" and wait for results. Then produce one-hundred of them.

Set the goal. Set the price. Set the production line. Set the schedule.

Meanwhile, the housework is not getting done. I need to work on that too!

0 comments: