Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow and Creativity and ADD and My Plans to Snap Out Of It!!!

Well I gotta tell ya that it has been a long time. Meanwhile, I've been thinking. I listed some silk flowers in January because I told myself last Summer that the best time for me to list them was right after the New Year and into the Spring. They're listed. My room is a mess! I haven't blogged. I haven't beaded and NOW I've decided that the best thing to do is use polymer clay and make something COOL for the Craftacular! Oh HELL, if that isn't ADD, then it doesn't exist!

Alright, my mind is occupied with, "I wonder if ___?" and it all has to do with getting a product to market by May! Crap! How did I get this gig?

I got this bright idea to make some money. The thing I've learned about making money is that you have to have something someone wants. You have to develop the product. You have to market the product. So I was studying marketing and discovered a product I wanted to develop. Oh, hell! doesn't everyone walk around in the desert and discover some fricken product that they think the world should have available to them? Don't they??????????????

I don't know a thing about sales. I keep trying to learn. I think that's why I am enrolled in Craft Shows. I keep reading about online information that will lead to great riches. Hell, I am just trying to pay my bills! I am trying to make a living. My mind doesn't stop looking for openings in the weave that is my life! Oh, mon Dieu! Qu'elle domage! Placing a backhand to the brow...gently!

I am thriving because I continue to find that NICHE. I don't hate the word, but the realization that it would probably be a long journey is ... more of a mountain on which I am surely climbing.

I love finding my NICHE! It is as if I have fallen into a crevace and continue edging my way down into the niche that is assigned to me! That's probably more to the point on why I'm really not keen about this NICHE thing. I know I'm not to the bottom of the crevace and I don't know where it will lead me as I continue to make the decisions that will determine my next road to adventure.

Blogs are so cool! This is my journey blog that shows the path down the crevace to the NICHE that is MINE!

0 comments: