Thursday, August 19, 2010

Big Finish August - Of Earrings, Pinwheels and Craft Show



There I was in the dead of winter, totally consumed by needing a product for children. That is what I was missing from my craft show inventory. It wasn't all that was missing, but this was something I felt I could do something about. I walked around for days thinking, “What can I have for the kids?”

Suddenly it hit me! PINWHEELS! POLYMER CLAY PINWHEELS!

Well that was just great! I didn’t know anything about polymer clay. And I certainly didn’t know anything about how to construct a pinwheel from clay for a child. But in my mind’s eye, I could see my great-niece getting in trouble in school for spinning her pinwheel necklace and not paying attention. Necklace? Are you kidding me?

I am three weeks away from the first of two craft shows. I have beautiful beaded jewelry. And I will have pinwheels necklaces for children. So I am busy making pinwheels. I am busy getting ready.

That drive is still in me. It’s still pushing me. I have to learn so much about this polymer clay! I have so much to learn about craft shows!

0 comments: