Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Adornables By Lyn: On reflection and leaping

Today, I've reached a new milestone or theory about my business.

It's coming into view.


Just like that water, though, it's a trickle at a time.
The good news about that is that it's the rainy season!


Having a positive spin on each day is very necessary.


So the business as I know it now is only a little jewelry making business on Etsy.com. That is something that has been a constant.


Having a business is a balancing act and it is also a project. There are jobs to be done whenever you have a business. Cleaning the toilet is one of them. Keeping track of inventory is another. Since I am the sole source for my inventory, my hands have to stay busy!


I had to teach myself product photography. I am the photographer.


I'll have to brush up on bookkeeping skills.


And the shipping department is going to need to be refined, to say the very least.


If I have learned one very valuable lesson so far I hope that it is continuity. One must continually make the inventory, photograph the inventory, track the inventory and supplies, post the inventory and ship the inventory. Continually. Re-posting is fine, but new inventory is key. Continuity! That's the key.


So as I reflect on where my business has been and the road it's travelled as it begins, I am ready to leap into the next phase.


More tomorrow.






































0 comments: